Ark Server Service fails to start Exectuable path not absolute

R

Richard Susi

I've been following the instructions here to make an ark server on an ubuntu server some friends and I have set up. I followed it word for word but for some reason the ARK server refuses to start. I've been doing some googling and it seems to have something to do with the service file

[Unit]
Description=ARK Survival Evolved
[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=5
StartLimitInterval=60s
StartLimitBurst=3
User=ark
Group=ark
ExecStartPre=/home/ark/steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/ark/server +app_update 376030 +quit
ExecStart=/home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen?SessionName=example -server -log
ExecStop=killall -TERM srcds_linux
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Apparently the executable path for the ExecStop is not absolute but I don't know what to add as adding #!/bin/bash to the top of the file doesn't work nor does adding /bin/bash in front of the ExectStart and ExecStartPre or ExecStop lines. Should it be a different /bin/ I should be adding? bash was the only solution I have found so far but it does not work.

I'm a bit lost as I'm a bit in-experienced with this sort of stuff (hence the tutorial) but it seems all the tutorials I find don't account for this error.

Thank you to anyone in advance who can help

EDIT: Problem has been solved!

Continue reading...