This Spicy Cauliflower Power Bowl is so easy to throw together, super flavorful, and is naturally dairy free and gluten free!
- head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon butter (vegan or regular)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (I used light)
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup kale, steamed or sautéed
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 avocado, diced
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Chop one head of cauliflower into florets and drizzle with one tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly over a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice throughout.
- for the quinoa
- In the meantime, cook your quinoa. Boil 2 cups of water with 1 cup of dry quinoa, then turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is gone and the quinoa is fluffy. You can also steam or sauté your kale a this time. for the saucIn a small sauce pan, whisk together Frank's Red Hot, sriracha, butter, and coconut milk over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and the sauce is hot, turn off heat and set aside. In a large skillet, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and add in diced yellow onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add in roasted cauliflower and top with the spicy sauce. Mix to coat all the cauliflower and onion in the sauce.